If football is the goal, Christmas fixtures abound in London
English Premier League football reaches a fever pitch on the pitch with the usual spate of holiday matchups warming up chilly stadiums throughout England.
The “festive fixtures” come at a critical point in the season, and eight of them will take place in London from Boxing Day on 26 December through 3 January 2018 — three of the games involving our “neighbourhood” team, Chelsea, and two of them at nearby Stamford Bridge, home of the “Blues” for more than a century.
The climactic, cross-London conclusion to the fixtures will see Arsenal hosting Chelsea at Emirates Stadium on 3 January.
The other London games include:
26 December (Boxing Day):
- Tottenham vs Southampton at Wembley Stadium
- Chelsea vs Brighton at Stamford Bridge
- Crystal Palace vs Arsenal at Selhurst Park
- Chelsea vs Stoke at Stamford Bridge
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City at Selhurst Park
- Tottenham vs West Ham at Wembley
- West Ham vs West Brom at London Stadium
- Arsenal vs Chelsea at Emirates Stadium
Can’t score tickets — or prefer watching your football in a cosy pub with a pint or two? There are plenty of pubs and sports bars within walking distance of Nell Gwynn Chelsea Accommodation, viewable here.